During the whole studying teachers give assignments on writing different essays. It may not be that scary. But there are so many types of essays that you may not be sure how exactly this or that essay should be written. We are going to talk about an argumentative essay and on what topics it can be.
What skills should a student have to provide a good argumentative essay?
- Research skills
- Analytical skills
- Writing skills
Even if you lack some of them, you should try to write it on your own to see how it all works. However, you may apply to a professional writing service that can provide a well-written essay within a short time frame. Just in case you know you cannot do it yourself. Argumentative essays help see how you can provide objective facts on a topic under discussion.
Deciding on a Topic
Speaking of topics, this is one of important parts of writing. It is what you start with. A good topic should concern actual problems to attract reader’s attention. Of course, your teacher can provide you with one. But when you say you want to suggest your own topic, it shows your interest in the matter and writing in particular.
What can you use to find necessary information?
- Academic journals
- Official reports
- Scientific magazines
Even if you know the subject very well, you should use external sources. Thus, you show you can deal with lots of information and collect the essential data. But do not steal that information. You should cite all that in your essay. If you don’t know how, we can help you out.
Tips on a Good Topic
- Choose a topic that everyone is talking about.
- Choose an issue that has not been solved yet.
- Decide on the audience that have a point of view different from yours.
- Decide on an issue that people have not made their minds about.
- Decide on an issue that appeals to your interests.
It is rudiments you should know before ever starting to write an argumentative essay. And here are some detailed tips what you should be careful about.
- Topic of argumentative essay should not be obvious.
- Choose only those topics that lead to discussion. Any solved issues are of no interest.
- The issue of an essay should concern global problems.
- Topic may be related to politics. It usually attracts attention.
- If most people agree on an issue you want to rise, do not choose it.
- You should not pick a topic on religion, race, gender, etc., as it may result in subjective judgment.
- Follow the APA formatting style.
In fact, all essays are built the same. The topic is very important. Otherwise, people won’t be interested in what you have spent time on. The only difference between essays consists in the way you provide information and structure it.
Structure Your Paper
Let’s start with the whole plan of your writing.
- Conduct in-depth research
- Collect information
- Choose up-to-date sources
- Write a first draft
- Write the very essay
- Revise (twice at least)
Then the very structure of an argumentative essay
- Hook (e.g. statistics)
- Thesis statement
- Paragraph one
- Paragraph two
- Paragraph three
Conclusion is important as it is a part where you either prove or deny the issue.
It may all seem very easy, but you understand it is not when you start writing. Anyway, you should try. Later it will be much easier to complete the assignment. You will know how to find needed information and structure it.
Anyway, if you still have some trouble with writing, we are here to help. You can buy argumentative essay from us anytime you want.
To sum up, we made up a list of topics for an argumentative essay, which you may use to decide on your own.
- MBA program: pros and cons.
- Does the grading system help learn better?
- Free education for everyone.
- Freedom to choose subjects you want to study.
- Problem of obesity in the US
- People should decide when they take military services.
- What can US education system offer international students?
- Studying foreign languages: what to choose.
- Commercialized education.
- SAT and ACT tests and their effectiveness.
- Restricted Internet access for students: right or wrong?
- How to motivate youth to keep a healthy diet.
- Physical education: do we need it?
- Participation in NCAA and its influence on academic performance.
- Unbreakable record in sports.
- Can we still call Micheal Jordan a basketball star?
- Food, fitness, and weight: what in common.
- Can a diet affect negatively?
- Anorexia: how to solve the problem.
- Sleep and health: how they are related.
- Playing golf: is it still popular?
- On steroids: why those who take them should be out of sports.
- Swimming is the best kind of sport. Is it really?
- Dangerous kinds of sport.’
- Tobacco production and sale should be banned.
- Legalization of the death penalty in the whole world.
- Ban smoking in public places.
- Alcohol control: how to decrease its usage.
- Phenomenon of Industrial Revolution.
- Do we all have justice?
- Legal age for drinking alcohol and smoking.
- When should people be allowed to vote?
- Documenting court proceedings.
- Should energetic drinks be banned?
- Time restriction of alcohol sale.
- What else can we do to protect nature?
- Animals becoming extinct.
- Amazon rainforests.
- Tsunami and what it takes.
- Consequences of earthquakes.
- Changing climate conditions and how they may impact the US.
- King-King vs military: whose side to choose.
- Panama Canal: was it the right decision?
- Globalization: advantages and disadvantages.
- Electric cars: solution to global pollution.
- Dying rainforests: any solutions?
- Animals for experiments: allow or forbid?
- Can anyone become a politician?
- Video games are source of violence.
- How technology influences education.